The company currently has more than 50 major clients. It includes brands such as Lufthansa, SPAR, Kubota, Yope, Converse, Vans and North Face. They have launched 2,700 new e-commerce sites with the help of its online store frontend technology. Vue Storefront is a leader in its niche and one of the best-funded Polish startups. In two years, it raised $38.9M in funding. The company is valued at $100M.
The company designed its software for creating online store frontend using Progressive Web Apps technology. It means that it is accessible to users from a web browser. And also in the headless commerce trend, the frontend is created separately from the backend.
From Divante to Vue Storefront
The technology originated as an internal project of Polish software house Divante. But with the help of the GitHub community, it quickly began to gain international popularity. As a result, it developed to the stage where the company’s owners concluded that a separate business should be built around it. And it was headed by new owners.
The new board of directors:
- Piotr Karwatka, co-owner of Divante,
- Patryk Piątek, a sales speculator at Divante,
- Filip Rakowski, a system designer from Divante,
- Bartlomiej Roszkowski, an experienced startup who had previously co-founded the online bookstore Nexto and the insurance comparison engine mFind.
After many months of complex negotiations, the new company spun off from Divante’s structures in 2020/21. And turn this unusual project into a very fast-growing startup.
Plans for the future
Although a crisis has been sweeping through the startup world for months, usually bypassing only AI-based businesses, Vue Storefront continues to do well. The company has quickly adapted to the new realities by identifying areas where companies continue to invest and where the market has reached a complete standstill.
Read more about…
- Cosmose AI, a global electronic platform, that predicts and influences how people shop in-store. Its valuation has just exceeded $500M!
- ICEYE, largest space startup from Poland. Its SAR services have been used by Ukraine to defend itself against Russian aggression.
- Nanovo, that wants to bring AI to smart retail offering AI-based Digital Signage technologies.
- Winged IT, that was recognized as a Clutch Global and Clutch Champion Winner in IT Recruitment.
- Booksy, the most popular app for booking visits to hairdressers and beauty salons.
- Vasco Translator V4, a translator device that speaks 75 languages, and translates photo captions from 108 languages in no more than 0.5 seconds.
- CFD Suite, an app shortening the simulation duration of mixing chemicals from hours to minutes thanks to AI.
TOP-3 from Polish site (links lead to English version)
- DeepL Translator, a powerful next-generation online translation tool based on neural networks provided by DeepL.
- Eleven Labs, a company that provides the best speech synthesis. Based on that, it plans to make a range of products.
- Tomasz Czajka, a Flight Software Engineer in SpaceX. A member of the first team from Poland to win the ICPC 2003.