Feed Octopus is a Polish platform that gives Product Data Management (PDM) support for e-commerce. The startup’s services enable online stores to manage their advertising budgets more flexibly. And in particular, focus primarily on the most profitable products. It is a crucial action if one wants to achieve a competitive advantage.
Data import involves three elaborate steps. First, the main product file from the e-commerce engine is plugged into the system. And then other data from additional sources. About product sales effectiveness, margin, price competitiveness, or inventory. The imports are automatically updated so that the data is always up-to-date. The following steps involve combining the data. And, consequently, determine the strategy and conditions a product must meet to be displayed in a given advertising channel.
A platform like Product Data Management is based on BigQuery, being a kind of data warehouse. Google’s cloud environment also guarantees the application’s full compatibility, high efficiency, and high level of security.
Cooperation with Shopify and Shoper
Feed Octopus is developing so rapidly that it is already working with Shopify, an e-commerce platform for online stores and retail POS systems. It is also developing an integration with Shoper, a popular software for online stores.
History and successes
The Krakow-based startup was founded in 2022. Its co-owner and CEO is Robert Stolarczyk, who has also been with PromoTrafiic for 12 years. First as Brand Manager, then as CEO for 7 years, and since founding Feed Octopus as a board member. PromoTraffic is a digital agency specializing in SEO and PPC (Pay Per Click) for the e-commerce industry, helping to increase online store revenues.
At the end of 2023, Feed Octopus was in the final ten of the Rookie of the Year competition organized by My Company magazine. At the same time, PromoTraffic was included in the list of Business Gazelles 2023 of the best SMB companies in Poland, published by the daily Puls Biznesu.
Read more about:
- LiveChat (now Text), a software for chatting with customers over the Internet to improve sales. It is currently used by 40,000+ companies with profits of $38M+ in 2022.
- Zowie, a company whose chatbots are making easier for online stores to personalize customer service using AI tools. It has raised $20M from investors since 2019.
- Booksy, the most popular app for booking visits to hairdressers and beauty salons.
- Vasco Translator V4, a translator device that speaks 75 languages, and translates photo captions from 108 languages in no more than 0.5 seconds.
- CFD Suite, an app shortening the simulation duration of mixing chemicals from hours to minutes thanks to AI.
TOP-3 from Polish site (links lead to English version)
- DeepL Translator, a powerful next-generation online translation tool based on neural networks provided by DeepL.
- Eleven Labs, a company that provides the best speech synthesis. Based on that, it plans to make a range of products.
- Tomasz Czajka, a Flight Software Engineer in SpaceX. A member of the first team from Poland to win the ICPC 2003.